Recap: This Week's Insect & Pollinator Surveys & Talk at the Growing Center

Claire O'Neill

Sep 24, 2019, 9:30:45 AM9/24/19
to earthwi...@googlegroups.com

Events > Plant Visitor Survey & Pollinator Talk (Location: Somerville)

https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/33232270📸  Our favorite sighting of the week > This wonderful and first sighting for us of Pigeon tremex horntail ( iNat record > ). Thanks, Lisa for spotting it! #DYK that The female wood wasp lays eggs inside trees, and its methods of doing so have inspired scientists to come up with new and safer surgical probes that are said to be more efficient!

What's Next? We're back this Sunday for documenting insects occurrence at the Center before the Harvest festival starts at 2:30 pm.

Check our EwA Forum for our spontaneous surveys ( » here ). We won't schedule them formally on Eventbrite of Facebook to cut on the tedious work of planning across platforms.

Many of you helped and we thank you for that! Here is our session log, and survey info > Growing Center (Somerville) 09/22/19 session log

We also talked at the Somerville Climate Action and gave a little tour explaining our Arthropod Surveys in the region. This was an attentive and curious audience. We will do a deep dive of this talk this Fall at the Armory. Stay tuned!

We'll be back in the field next week! ( Check the EwA calendar ).

ⓘ More About EwA Citizen Science Program » here

Any question❓ Don't be shy. Just email me or reply to this thread.

Thanks, - Claire