Discovering & Protecting the Vernal Pools of The Fells (March & April Observations)

EwA

Apr 16, 2019, 9:10:04 AM4/16/19
to Earthwise Aware Nature Circles
While still fresh in my head, I did a first pass at our observations. Dan also recorded his observations. In hindsight I realized I should record (for myself) when we start exploring a pool, and when we move to another so that I can keep them straight!

Here are Dan and I's iNat observations (including Joe's observations that we recorded as EwANatGroup, accrediting the pic to Joe) / per pool and from our 2 visits:
Dan and I tagged the observations using Matt's pool code system. Note that I also cross annotate my observations when I see Dan's or others observations of same specimen. I also include videos when I have video records (linked from the observation's description)

Here are all the records grouped by species from 6 of our observers who uploaded their observations so far.

Feel free to check IDs, tell us what's wrong, refine some IDs, or tell us what some could be!

In a couple of weeks, we will gather together all best proofs + add the physical pics of the pools + add the sound recordings, that will get submitted for certification of the pools for which we have enough evidence for. I'll probably have them summarized in a doc as well, so that we can report at the end of the year our findings to our community at large.

Enjoy! - Claire