The species we saw and recorded at this past Saturday's Plant & Wildlife Monitoring Intro at the Growing Center

Claire O'Neill

Sep 14, 2021, 9:56:41 AM9/14/21
to fri...@thegrowingcenter.org, Earthwise Aware Discussion Group
Thanks again to all who joined EwA this past Saturday at the Growing Center!

I just wanted to share the observations and records made during the plant and wildlife monitoring intro session. We recorded 12 species on the EwA iNaturalist project. See them all > here. We also recorded insect abundance and herbivory of a few of our survey trees. If you're curious about the insect biomass (EwA records to date) on the center's survey trees, here's a graph (attached). This past Sat participants records are counted in :-)

If you are curious about all the species recorded so far at the center (488 to date), you can visualise them in the EwA at the Growing Center Project.

The September field highlights that I handed to you is > here.

If you have iNaturalist records and you wish to join any of the EwA  iNaturalist projects, you can send me your profile name.

Our next Introduction to Plant & Wildlife Monitoring for Conservation session at the Growing Center is Sat 10/08/2021 (2pm). Registration > here

A locust borer beetle on goldenrod from the native garden in the Growing Center recorded this past Saturday [See record].

Nature Conservation as a Way Of Life

www.earthwiseaware.org | EwA Newsletter Signup »

🧡 Become an EwA #ScienceForAll Ambassador » Donate

20210911 GC.png