📜 EwA Week Highlights: Chilled Barred Owl, 6,889 species and counting, EwA x Urban Nature Walk...

Claire O'Neill

Oct 24, 2021, 6:32:24 PM10/24/21
to Earthwise Aware Discussion Group

📸  So many great sightings again this week! If we have to pick one, then I'll go with the chilled Barred owl that Anya spotted during yesterday's EwA biodiversity walk at the Fells. Here's Joe's record of our friend...

Pic: Barred owl (Strix varia) | iNaturalist record © Joe MacIndewar

📊 Thanks to all for great biodiversity records this week! - totaling 309 observations of 198 distinct species. Curious about this week's records that have been validated by the iNat community so far? > here.

Running tally: 🏆  To date, we recorded 85,989 observations of 6,889 distinct species! Check our EwA umbrella project and see the details per site/observer & more... > here

📅 EwA Coming Public Events

This Sunday, we will host a one-off forest exploration walk for our guests from the Urban Nature Walk community » I am sure that'll be the beginning of a great relationship. Exciting!

EwA Field Events » Check our public field events on the EwA Calendar, we have a great walk this coming Saturday with Bill and Joe in the Fells [ See EwA events calendar to register » ] Don't miss great opportunities to follow the rhythm of the season in our local habitats and of its wildlife!Space is limited for all our field events. Wildlife ethics is important to us and we seek to avoid putting pressure on natural habitats that large gatherings unavoidably do. We are asking our audience to register-and-commit to avoid no-shows (or cancel when you know you can't come)

■ EwA Fieldwork (& Resources)

We are monitoring phenology and entomofauna weekly at all sites. Our biodiversity and habitat documentation fieldwork is also as healthy as ever thanks to our group of core citizen scientists who simply rock!

🗺️ EwA Sites Map | 🌱 Site Protocols and Guides - Field Rosters - Field Notes > All here! | ℹ️ More About EwA Citizen Science Program » here

Any questions❓ Don't be shy. Just email me or reply to this thread.

Thanks and Have a great week!

🧡  Make an impact - Help our #ScienceForAll program.

Become an EwA Ambassador today! » https://www.earthwiseaware.org/donate/

Nature Conservation as a Way Of Life

www.earthwiseaware.org | EwA Newsletter Signup »