📜 EwA Week Recap: Green frogs, Ephemerals, Field Orientation Session, Webinar > Helping Insects & More...

Claire O'Neill

Apr 11, 2021, 4:55:34 PM4/11/21
to Earthwise Aware Discussion Group

Here's the recap of another busy week at EwA and a few highlights of what's coming...

📸  So many sightings again this week. If we have to pick one, that'd be the observation of a green frog by Laura. Then there is also the flowering of ephemerals including our bloodroot and round-lobed hepatica...

📊 Thanks to all for great biodiversity records this week!  - 387 observations total over 214 species. Curious about this week's records that have been validated by the iNat community so far? > here.

Running tally: 🏆 To date, we recorded 60,663 observations of 6,001 distinct species! Check our EwA umbrella project and see the details per site/observer & more... > here

📅 EwA Coming Events

Space is limited for all our events for health reasons and-as importantly–to avoid putting pressure on natural habitats. We are asking our audience to follow a Register-and-commit (or cancel when you know you can't come). 🎟️ > here

  • Monthly Biodiversity and phenology field orientation in the Fells this coming Wednesday (April 14th | 🎟️ > here)! They are great opportunities to learn about our local fauna, flora, and seasonal cycles while recording critical data to help science and our communities protect our urban natural habitats. Space is limited for all our events and we are asking our audience to follow a Register-and-commit (or cancel when you know you can't come).

  • Coming EwA webinar: 🐛 Urban Insects - Help us Help Them in 2021 (April, 20th - 8pm | 🎟️  webinar registration) » If you want to help pollinators and insects in general, as well as learn what's in the area - that webinar is for you!

EwA Fieldwork (& Resources)

We are monitoring weekly at all sites now (including scouting Horn Pond to set phenology and entomology survey sites). Our biodiversity and habitat documentation fieldwork is also as healthy as ever thanks to our group of core citizen scientists who simply rock!

🗺️  EwA Sites Map | 🌱  Site Protocols and Guides - Field Rosters - Field Notes > All here! | ℹ️  More About EwA Citizen Science Program » here

To all of you: Stay healthy!

Any questions❓ Don't be shy. Just email me or reply to this thread.
Thanks and Have a great week! - Claire

🧡 Make an impact - Help our #ScienceForAll program.

Become an EwA Ambassador today! » https://www.earthwiseaware.org/donate/

Photo: Green frog (Lithobates clamitans) | iNaturalist record © Laura Costello