Aug 15th Insect Survey at the Growing Center (Recap)

7 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

EwA

ungelesen,
15.08.2019, 18:22:1415.08.19
an earthwi...@googlegroups.com

Event > 🐞 Plant Visitor Survey at the Growing Center

Thanks for helping us this afternoon! Below is our session log. We'll be back in the field next week. Stay tuned!

📈 This Site log is also publicly available > here

Our survey documentation is listed in our Plant Survey Protocol here.
And specifically here are the info sheets that we used in the field with you:

Date

08/15/19

Site

Growing Center

Surveyor’s Names

Claire + Jennifer

Time

1:30-3:30 pm

Weather

Sunny / Beaufort Scale: 1

Approximate Temperature

~25-23°C (77-73°F)

Foot traffic (low, medium or high?)

Low < 5 | Med 5-10 | High > 10

High ☑ // 25 adults + 13-15 kids + 2 EwA surveyors.

Conducted Tasks
  • Program highlights + method training of new CitScientists

  • Photo survey of the arthropod along the upper path and at large.

  • Observed and recorded our 2 caterpillar count circles.

Session Records

Observation of the Day: Sphex pensylvanicus [iNat record >]

Circle 1

FCO (0) ☐ FCP (1) ☐ FCQ (1) ☐ FCR (1) ☐ FCN (1) | Tot = 4

Circle 2

FCS (0) ☐ FCT (1) ☐ FCU (2) ☐ FCV (5) ☐ FCW (0) | Tot = 8

Notes | Author: Claire

→ Discussed with Liza about next year possibility of formalizing the program (by having it listed in the GC site)

→ Checked with Lisa the identification of some of our survey hosting trees + ask for the updated plan of the garden (+ tree chart).

🔎 Spotted a monarch (maybe even the same one than last time), Eastern Bumblebees, Honeybees, Black wasp & others, Hoppers...

ⓘ More About EwA Citizen Science Program » https://tinyurl.com/ewa-citizen-science

Thanks, - Claire

Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor