📊 The 2021 EwA Conservation Highlights (Annual Report) is out!

Claire O'Neill

Dec 30, 2021, 7:29:50 PM12/30/21
to Earthwise Aware Discussion Group

Today is the day! We are proud to release the 3rd annual report: the 2021 EwA Conservation Highlights

We are so appreciative to have a community of citizen scientists and volunteers who are genuinely dedicated to EwA’s mission and want to see it succeed! Our community makes EwA a success!

The 2021 EwA Conservation Highlights is an 8-page summary of our work this past year, a shortlist of🍾 our accomplishments, and a few favorite infographics. It is a testimony to the commitment of its community. It summarizes the incredible efforts of our team of volunteers, citizen scientists, field leaders, and the organization's core members.

This year, we're reporting differently. Instead of the usual comprehensive/large report (which details the Conservation Highlights), we will be publishing conservation digests focusing on our individual projects. The first of these was EwA’s 2021 Vernal Pool Report, released a few weeks ago. A related report, detailing our GIS team’s efforts to map habitat degradation in the Fells, including degradation which could threaten vernal pools, will be released in the coming weeks. We will also release digests for our conservation work relating to our insect surveys, phenology studies, and biodiversity inventory activities. Finally, we're adding this year a 2021 EwA Data Companion to get all our infographics and their source in one place. If there's something you'd like to see added, just tell us.

We’re so excited to share the fruits of this year’s citizen science work with you, and to see you again in 2022!

Throughout the winter month, keep an eye on the EwA Conservation Reports portal > here. And see EwA's digests as we release them.

Enjoy this year's EwA Conservation Highlights Join our effort!

https://www.earthwiseaware.org/conservation-reports/ | 💬  The Conservation Highlights will be open for public feedback during the month of January. Help us strengthen our program - share your thoughts with us!

🧡 Become an EwA #ScienceForAll Ambassador » Donate

Cheers! - Claire