📜 EwA Weekly Highlights: Cute and fluffy moth, Intro to Plant & Wildlife Monitoring at the Fells this Wed & More

Claire O'Neill

Jul 11, 2021, 9:18:36 AM7/11/21
to Earthwise Aware Discussion Group

We had such a fun biodiversity walk yesterday at the Fells thanks to a wonderful group of naturalists. Stay tuned for Mina's walk blog, and don't miss the opportunity to join our next walks: Geology, ecology, intro to monitoring... So much to learn, and so many ways to help protect nature!

Here's the recap of another busy week at EwA and a few highlights of what's coming...

📸  There are so many wonderful records this week again. One favorite: a cute and fluffy/fuzzy Browntail moth spotted by Christine in Maine. AAdorable, no?

📊  Thanks to all for incredible biodiversity records this week! 867 observations total over 454 species! Curious about the records that have been validated by the iNat community so far? > here.

Running tally: To date, we recorded 73,495 observations of 6,450 distinct species! Check our EwA umbrella project and see the details per site/observer & more... > here

📅  EwA Coming Events

Check all our public events on the EwA Calendar: Events details & registration

This week's Field Events » Don't miss this Wednesday's Introduction to Plant & Wildlife Monitoring for Conservation at the Fells (9:30am)Space is limited for all our field events. Wildlife ethics is important to us and we seek to avoid putting pressure on natural habitats that large gatherings unavoidably do. We are asking our audience to register-and-commit to avoid no-shows (or cancel when you know you can't come)

■ EwA Fieldwork (& Resources)

We are monitoring phenology and entomofauna weekly at all sites. Our biodiversity and habitat documentation fieldwork is also as healthy as ever thanks to our group of core citizen scientists who simply rock!

🗺️  EwA Sites Map | 🌱  Site Protocols and Guides - Field Rosters - Field Notes > All here! | ℹ️  More About EwA Citizen Science Program » here

Any questions Don't be shy. Just email me or reply to this thread.

Thanks and have a great week! - Claire

🧡  Make an impact - Help our #ScienceForAll program.

Become an EwA Ambassador today! » https://www.earthwiseaware.org/donate/

Photo: Browntail Moth (Euproctis chrysorrhoea| iNaturalist record © Christine Tuccelli

Nature Conservation as a Way Of Life

www.earthwiseaware.org | EwA Newsletter Signup »

🧡 Become an EwA #ScienceForAll Ambassador » Donate