🌱 Looking for Nature Volunteers! Help Monitor Early (Plant) Bloomers

Claire O'Neill

Mar 22, 2022, 1:48:07 PM3/22/22
to Earthwise Aware Discussion Group, Claire O'Neill
It's spring! So we're tracking early plant bloomers - this helps understand how the climate is shifting and how it impacts plants in the region.

Join the the EwA Early Bloomer Monitoring Project (Join link), and get your data in. We're currently tracky 26 plant species (Plant list & Project description > here). We monitor early bloomers in the whole county, and extensively do so at all our study sites: Fresh Pond, Somerville, Middlesex Fells, Horn Pond. So you'll also be able to learn with us if you want to join our field sessions.

Register to the next virtual EwA Community of Practice to learn about the project details > here
You'll learn how to identify the plants, how to take good photos, record good observations, and how to annotate your records to help document the phenology of those plants.

https://www.inaturalist.org/projects/ewa-early-bloomer-monitoring

Cheers! - Claire

Nature Conservation as a Way Of Life

www.earthwiseaware.org | EwA Newsletter Signup »

🧡 Become an EwA #ScienceForAll Ambassador » Donate