These Past 2 Weeks EwA Biodiversity & Phenology Surveys (& More)

Claire O'Neill

Nov 8, 2019, 12:05:28 PM11/8/19
to Earthwise Aware Discussion Group

Events > Plant & Wildlife Monitoring (Locations: the Fells / Medford and Winchester)

📸 Our favorite observations this time > a run-away Orbweaver and British Soldier lichens in the Fells

In brief...

Trees are slowing down, but boy those squirrels are busy nutting around! Meadowhawks (some dragonfly species) are out and about feeding by the lots when the sun warms the ponds that we survey.

We are still in full "Fall mode", that is we record weekly the seasonal changes on the fauna and flora (leaf color, flowers, and fruits, etc.) at our Fells sites. Fall is moving rapidly and there is so much to record! Our sites are very close to the end of their cycle. Soon, we'll shift into exploration modes and to survey habitats that we don't usually survey. It's fun checking new areas. Check the EwA calendar and join one of our monitoring outings if you can.

Many of you helped this week and we thank you for that! Check our session logs, and survey info below.

These past 2 weeks, we surveyed the following locations:

Other cool news: After Dan being recognized earlier this year for his contribution to Romanian's Biodiversity iNaturalist records, this time it is Claire.  She is the 3rd top iNat observer at this time for the whole country of Mongolia! Have a look > click on akilee in the linked url (Mongolia iNat World Tour) and see what she recorded in that land far far away...

ℹ️ More About EwA Citizen Science Program » here

Any question❓ Don't be shy. Just email me or reply to this thread.

Thanks and Have a Great Weekend!, - Claire