📖 Fresh Pond Almanac - Mining Bees, Migratory Warblers, and other May Sights

mlmcglathery

May 11, 2021, 4:16:23 PM5/11/21
to Earthwise Aware Discussion Group
Hello all!

Have you been wondering about all the new birds showing up around Fresh Pond and the rest of the Greater Boston Area this month? You could spend a lifetime learning about these birds and their habits, but our newly published May Fresh Pond Ecological Almanac can give you a good start. In this month's almanac, we introduce you to a few common migratory warblers, and go a little more in depth on the easily-observed American yellow warbler. You can also learn about Lusitania's resident mining bees and wild geraniums in this month's almanac.

With this month, we have now written a full 12 months of almanacs for Fresh Pond, between the nine I've written and the three our wonderful summer intern Lucy wrote last summer. These were a joy to write, so thanks to everyone for following along, and keep your eyes peeled for the publication of Lucy's June and July editions in the coming months!

Read the May almanac here or by clicking on the image below.

Thanks for following along, and happy reading!

-Mike

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 3.44.26 PM.png