Most Wanted campaign for River Birch

oliviabible308

Jun 3, 2021, 5:51:22 PM6/3/21
to Earthwise Aware Discussion Group
Our 'Most Wanted' Pheno campaign is on.  We are looking for good photos for describing specific developmental phases (a.k.a. phenophases) of the species that we monitor across the region. Our 4 wanted phenophases are Colored Leaves, Flowers or Flower Buds, Open Flowers, and Ripe Fruits of the River Birch (Betula nigra).
The reward? Your name on our phenophase guide and the knowledge that you’ve contributed to an exciting project! *Not sure what to look for? Learn more about these phenophases at
This is a great way to help our biodiversity & climate studies and join the EwA citizen science community. Submit your best shots here or email us at mostw...@earthwiseaware.org.
#phenology #climateChange #citizenScience | Earthwise Aware USA - National Phenology Network
Most Wanted River Birch -2.jpg

Kathy McGlathery

Jun 7, 2021, 2:08:31 PM6/7/21
to oliviabible308, Earthwise Aware Discussion Group
Hi Olivia,

I think you may find some of these on the NPN SmugMug page

https://usa-npn.smugmug.com/USA-NPN-Plant-Phenophases-Gallery

NPN gives us permission to use those photos, with attribution.

Kathy