🌲 The Reality of Urban Forests: Final Highlights of EwA's Fells Habitat Fragmentation Study

Claire O'Neill

Mar 21, 2024, 2:40:56 PMMar 21
to Earthwise Aware Discussion Group, conser...@earthwiseaware.org
Navigating Habitat Fragmentation: Insights, Initiatives, and Community Collaboration‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌
Logo
EwA Reality of Urban Forests.jpg
Navigating Habitat Fragmentation: Insights, Initiatives, and Community Collaboration

On this International Day of Forests, we are thrilled to present the latest highlights from Earthwise Aware (EwA) on the Middlesex Fells Reservation habitat fragmentation study.

🌳 Titled The Reality of Urban Forests, this report outlines the aims and methodologies of EwA's Habitat Fragmentation Project, showcasing recent data and findings. Additionally, it sheds light on new initiatives implemented in 2023 and provides a glimpse into our plans for 2024. This comprehensive report marks the culmination of the "Keeping a Forest Whole" section of our 2023 Digest Series.

In addition to the invaluable evidence-based insights provided by the project, it also fosters a crucial outreach outcome: knowledge dissemination, impactful actions, and recognition for participating scientists. Through this initiative, EwA and its dedicated community mutually empower one another to advocate effectively for urban forests.

Happy reading, and Happy International Day of Forests!

👐 How can you help? Volunteer! Learn more and sign up as a volunteer here: earthwiseaware.org/nature-volunteering

Authors: Mina Burton, Claire O'Neill (Earthwise Aware) | Release Date: March 16, 2024.

© Data and photos used in this digest were provided by Earthwise Aware and the participants who contributed their observations, time, and knowledge to EwA's Biodiversity and Climate Participatory Science Program.

_________

Cheers! - Claire (aël/æl)

Earthwise Aware | President

Biodiversity & Climate Program Director

✉ claire...@earthwiseaware.org

+1 781-883-5970 | LinkedIn Profile

Facebook icon
Twitter icon
Instagram icon
YouTube icon
LinkedIn icon

Earthwise Aware

earthwiseaware.org | ✉ EwA Newsletter Signup

🧡 Become an EwA #ScienceForAll Ambassador » Donate

d5abhtj1a038