Fresh Pond Almanac--August at the Meadow

Lucy Janovitz

Aug 4, 2020, 4:16:59 PM8/4/20
to Earthwise Aware Discussion Group

Hello EwA community!

It’s Lucy, here to share the first installment of the Fresh Pond Ecological Almanac! This summer, I have been working on a site-specific monthly almanac, documenting the relationships between plant and insect life at Fresh Pond Reservation. I have been doing this throughout the summer months, and the August Almanac is the first installment we are sharing with the community. We hope you enjoy! Check it out below.

EwA

Aug 4, 2020, 4:33:03 PM8/4/20
to Earthwise Aware Discussion Group
Thanks, Lucy for the work :-) The link to Lucy's Almanac is hidden behind the picture, or also directly here > https://www.earthwiseaware.org/fresh-pond-almanac-august/

Kathy McGlathery

Aug 4, 2020, 5:46:30 PM8/4/20
to Lucy Janovitz, Earthwise Aware Discussion Group
Great job, Lucy!

> On Aug 4, 2020, at 4:16 PM, Lucy Janovitz <lucyja...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello EwA community!
>
> It’s Lucy, here to share the first installment of the Fresh Pond Ecological Almanac! This summer, I have been working on a site-specific monthly almanac, documenting the relationships between plant and insect life at Fresh Pond Reservation. I have been doing this throughout the summer months, and the August Almanac is the first installment we are sharing with the community. We hope you enjoy! Check it out below.
>

> --
> For more information, visit: https://www.earthwiseaware.org/
> Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EarthwiseAware/
> Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/EarthwiseAware
> Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/earthwise_aware/
> ---

Thomas Eid

Aug 4, 2020, 7:33:22 PM8/4/20
to EwA, Earthwise Aware Discussion Group
Lucy and the EwA team:

Very well written August Almanac.  Aldo Leopold would be proud!

I have several False Sunflowers in my front porch garden.  They are healthy plants, produce abundant flowers, and are also major attractors of small red aphids a couple of times a year.

All the best,

Tom E.