June 25th Insect Survey at Habitat (Recap)

EwA

Jun 25, 2019, 6:08:22 PM6/25/19
to Earthwise Aware Discussion Group
Tortoise beetle.jpg.jpgThanks to all of you for surveying with us today at Habitat!

We made it before it started raining!

As promised, here is the log entry for that session > 06/25/19 Habitat Log.
Charlie and I have our records up. Sarah's will soon be up there. And we might get a few more from Karen.

Otherwise, we are almost done polishing the project description and the survey protocols (adding details, pics, reviewing those additions + integrity of the document, etc.). If there are clarifications to add or things to correct, don't hesitate to tell me/us. That's part of the co-creative citizen science experience. Here is the public access to it (> Plant Visitor Survey Desc. & Protocols).

The pic on the left is our observation of the day from Charlie (our session records are linked in the log). This particular record is of a species of a Tortoise beetle [iNat record >]
And if any of you know the taxonomy of some of the records, and can get any record closer taxonomically, do not hesitate to make suggestions in the iNaturalist observation page.
That'd help! As a matter of fact, in Fall, we'll have an ID session to strengthen our records (and reach out to experts to help).

Cheers, - Claire