📜 EwA Week Recap: Elegant Spiders, Mites on Longhorn Beetle, EwA's Events & more...

Claire O'Neill

Jun 27, 2021, 7:11:53 PM6/27/21
to Earthwise Aware Discussion Group

Here's the recap of another busy week at EwA and a few highlights of what's coming...

📸 So many great sightings again this week. If we have to pick one, that'd be a gorgeous green metallic jumping spider likely to be a member of the genus Tutelina and that was recorded as part of EwA's arthropod abundance survey at Horn Pond. Then there is Joe's sighting of a Strangalepta Flower Longhorn Beetle (Strangalepta abbreviata) loaded with mites–quite the sight, right?

📊 Thanks to all for great biodiversity records this week! EwA naturalists added 482 observations over 293 species this  week. Curious about the records that have been validated by the iNat community so far? > here.

Running tally: 🏆  To date, we recorded 71,397 observations of 6,372 distinct species! Check our EwA umbrella project and see the details per site/observer & more... > here

📅  EwA Coming Events

Field Events » Don't miss our Biodiversity walks. Space is limited for all our field events. Wildlife ethics is important to us and we seek to avoid putting pressure on natural habitats that large gatherings unavoidably do. We are asking our audience to register-and-commit to avoid no-shows (or cancel when you know you can't come) [ Events details & registration ].

Virtual Events » EwA Nature Hour (July, 6th - 12pm |  webinar registration) » Don't miss learning about Cambridge Wildlife Arts at EwA's July virtual nature hour. We're excited to host Julie Croston who will talk about their mission and work. Bring your lunch, hope on our zoom, and let's discuss the many ways to get closer to urban nature in our communities.

■ EwA Fieldwork (& Resources)

We are monitoring phenology and entomofauna weekly at all sites. Our biodiversity and habitat documentation fieldwork is also as healthy as ever thanks to our group of core citizen scientists who simply rock!

🗺️  EwA Sites Map | 🌱  Site Protocols and Guides - Field Rosters - Field Notes > All here! | ℹ️  More About EwA Citizen Science Program » here

Any questions❓ Don't be shy. Just email me or reply to this thread.

Thanks and Have a great week! - Claire

🧡  Make an impact - Help our #ScienceForAll program.

Become an EwA Ambassador today! » https://www.earthwiseaware.org/donate/

Pic: a member of Tutelina iNaturalist record

Cheers! - Claire

Nature Conservation as a Way Of Life

www.earthwiseaware.org | EwA Newsletter Signup »

🧡 Become an EwA #ScienceForAll Ambassador » Donate