❄️ EwA Winter Celebration Activity is Out!

Earthwise Aware Nature Circles

Dec 17, 2018, 8:30:15 PM12/17/18
to Earthwise Aware Nature Circles
Female cardinal.jpg

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer." — Albert Camus

▹ Winter is here, and if for the regions away from the tropics it often equates to harshness and cold, it is also a period for nature to pause and slow down. It's a time where Life sleeps in dens, in buds and hidden places...

Throughout history, humans have observed this seasonal milestone and created spiritual and cultural traditions to celebrate the rebirth of sunlight after the darkest period of the year. For us, it is a time to reflect, gather together and celebrate this important phase in Nature's cycle...

This set of activities is an 'ode' to Winter. It reminds us of the importance of the season both ecologically and culturally. It connects us to its natural beauty and its promises of a warmer future.

Happy Winter to all!

More » https://www.earthwiseaware.org/4-seasons-celebration-winter/