📜 EwA Week Recap: Pink Lichen, Wood Frog & Vernal Pool, Next Week's Nature Documentation event & more...

Claire O'Neill

Mar 21, 2021, 12:10:25 PM3/21/21
to Earthwise Aware Discussion Group

Here's the recap of another busy week at EwA and a few highlights of what's coming...

📸  Spring is in the air! So many sightings again this week. If we have to pick one, that'd be the Yvonne's observation of a pink earth lichen when we scouted Horn Pond, and Joe's observation of a wood frog that is the sure sign that we'll be soon resuming vernal pool documentation.

📊  Thanks to all for great biodiversity records this week!  - 212 observations total over 126 species. Curious about this week's records that have been validated by the iNat community so far? > here.

Running tally: 🏆  To date, we recorded 59,572 observations of 5,971 distinct species! Check our EwA umbrella project and see the details per site/observer & more... > here

📅  EwA Coming Events

  • Our next public Biodiversity walk is our monthly Fells' Nature Documentation with Bill and Joe next week. Don't miss it! They are great opportunities to learn about our local fauna, flora, and seasonal cycles while recording critical data to help science and our communities protect our urban natural habitats. Space is limited for all our events and we are asking our audience to follow a Register-and-commit (or cancel when you know you can't come). 🎟️ > here

  • Also on the EwA calendar this week: EwA's Nature Virtual Hour | Tuesdays at noon (🎟️  webinar registration) » A great opportunity to gather as a community and share our nature stories and our favorite week's sightings. Don't miss it!

EwA Fieldwork (& Resources)

We're getting back to weekly phenology this week! We've added species and pheno-monitoring sites. Exciting!

Our biodiversity and habitat documentation fieldwork is also as healthy as ever thanks to our group of core citizen scientists who simply rock!

🗺️  EwA Sites Map | 🌱  Site Protocols and Guides - Field Rosters - Field Notes > All here! | ℹ️  More About EwA Citizen Science Program » here

To all of you: Stay healthy!

Any questions❓ Don't be shy. Just email me or reply to this thread.

Thanks and Have a great week! - Claire

🧡 Make an impact - Help our #ScienceForAll program.

Become an EwA Ambassador today! » https://www.earthwiseaware.org/donate/

Photo: Pink Earth lichen (Dibaeis baeomyces) | iNaturalist record © Yvonne Liu-Constant