📜 EwA Week Recap: Promethea Silkmoth, Wild Turkey, Conservation Report, Office Hour & more...

Claire O'Neill

Jan 31, 2021, 6:30:00 PM1/31/21
to Earthwise Aware Discussion Group

Here's the recap of another busy week at EwA and a few highlights of what's coming...

📊  First things first: we published the 2020 EwA Conservation Reports! We're so proud of our community and our work. Learn about our citizen science community, our ecological studies, our accomplishments! > here.

📸  So many beautiful winter sightings again this week. If we have to pick one, that'd be the Promethea silkmoth that Bill sighted at the Fells. Another one is the observation of a wild turkey by Jennifer.

📊  Thanks to all for great biodiversity records this week!  - 95 observations total over 66 species. Curious about this week's records that have been validated by the iNat community so far? > here.

Running tally : 🏆  To date, we recorded 57,871 observations of 5,925 distinct species! Check our EwA umbrella project and see the details per site/observer & more... > here

📅  EwA Coming Events

  • The EwA Office Hour this month is this Thursday at 9am (virtual of course). A great opportunity to ask any question you may have about field events or monitoring sessions, study protocols, iNaturalist tips > details here

  • Also on the EwA calendar this week: EwA's Nature Virtual Hour | Tuesdays at noon (🎟️  webinar registration) » A great opportunity to gather as a community and share our nature stories and our favorite week's sightings. Don't miss it!

This Week's Fieldwork (& Resources)

While our phenology recording is sparse as flora and fauna slowed down, our biodiversity and habitat documentation fieldwork is as healthy as ever thanks to our group of core citizen scientists who simply rock!

  • 🌱  Site Protocols and Guides - Field Rosters - Field Notes > All here

  • 🗺️  EwA Sites Map

  • ℹ️  More About EwA Citizen Science Program » here

To all of you: Stay healthy!

Any questions❓ Don't be shy. Just email me or reply to this thread.

Thanks and Have a great week! - Claire

Make an impact - Help our #ScienceForAll program.

Become an EwA Ambassador today! » https://www.earthwiseaware.org/donate/

Photo: Promethea silkmoth (Callosamia promethea) | iNaturalist record © Bill MacIndewar