Pest Patrol (& Pheno Forecast Maps): Following Eastern Tent Caterpillars at the Oak Site

1 view

EwA

May 5, 2019, 10:01:38 AM5/5/19
to Earthwise Aware Discussion Group
Dear EwA citizen scientists,

Joe, Dan, Bill and I got to our phenology sites yesterday, and we noticed eastern tent caterpillar at the Oak site.

So, I just added the eastern tent caterpillar in our oak site data sheet, as part of the NPN Pest Patrol Campaign.
By reporting them at our site and following their phenophases, we are helping the National Phenology network building Pheno forecast maps.

Pheno forecast maps predict key life cycle stages in invasive and pest species, to improve management efficacy.  For insect pest species, Pheno Forecasts are based on published growing degree day (GDD) thresholds for key points in species life cycles. These key points typically represent life cycle stages when management actions are most effective. These maps are updated daily and available 6 days in the future.

[Phenophase Info]

Thanks, - Claire