💩 The Fells Bio-Pollution Map Project (In-Situ July Dog Poop Records)

EwA

Aug 1, 2020, 10:38:29 AM8/1/20
to Earthwise Aware Discussion Group
Fells Dog Poop Map project (July records)

There we go! Our July Dog Poop records are in. It's been a very active month again with 84 total counts (80 validated)! Sadly, The records that could not get in did not have a GPS so we did have to leave them out of the map. You'll notice that there are now routes on this map. We are moving to the phase 2 of the project: we are establishing routes for structured surveys. You can have your routes added if you can guarantee to survey your route 1 to 2 times a month.

You can visualize the July in our Dog Poop interactive map (the icon on the left denotes this month records (cute, no?) > click on any of those in the map and you'll see the associated data and a picture of the real thing, some of our citizen scientists went to the length of annotating some of the records to justify/explain the identification of an 'unbagged' poop being indeed a dog scat as opposed to a coyote scat for instance. That's thoughtful data!

Thanks to all who provided dog poop data (sharing your geo-tagged photos) this past month!

We're now starting the August poop data layer. You can help! 🗺️  Share the map - Share your sightings with us - Have your route recorded! ⚠️  We need pics with exact timestamps and location/GPS metadata. The best way for us to collect your data is that you upload your pics to a shared google album that we'll communicate upon request. Contact us at FellsDPMapping@earthwiseaware.org and ask us to join that album.

Thanks for your time! - Claire