Reminder: EwA training on insect photo documentation next week

EwA

May 21, 2020, 5:28:19 PM5/21/20
to earthwi...@googlegroups.com
There is a pool out there for giving us your time preferences for our insect photo survey training. It's closing tomorrow > here it is. So far, the most popular time is Wed 27th 4-30pm to 5:30pm.

Here's what you will gain from this training (duration: one hour):
  • we'll brief you on COVID 19 protocol (site-dependent)
  • we'll show you the EwA site map and the transects
  • we'll show you how to take great pics/observations that are scientifically valuable
  • we'll brush on wildlife ethics pertaining to the study of insects so that we don't disturb them more than necessary
Perk: To give you an idea of the kind of pictures (a.k.a. records in our survey) that you'll learn to take > here on of a nomad bee taken with my phone yesterday morning at the Fells (full set > here).
It's actually easy and more a matter of patience or 'being in the moment'. I'll share those tips with you. Now, blurry pics have value too! and I'll also explain why in the webinar.

If you're an insect photo nerd already and love taking pics of them, then your skills are very important to us!

If you already gave us your time preference - stay tuned: webinar invitation coming soon!

Cheers & stay healthy! - Claire