[EwA Virtual Skillshare Event] Monitoring Invasive Species with EwA (Tuesday 07/12 ■ noon time)

Claire O'Neill

Jul 5, 2022, 7:22:24 PM7/5/22
to Earthwise Aware Discussion Group

Invasive species are one of the major threats to biological diversity. The annual U.S. cost from invasives is estimated to be $120 billion, with more than 100 million acres affected (i.e., about the size of California). So we’re tracking them! Our records help us understand the spread and dynamic of those species, act as an alert when they appear in new areas, and help monitor the success of eradication and restoration efforts.

Join the EwA Invasive Species Monitoring Project (Join link), and get your data in. We're currently tracking more than 40 unique invasive species (species list & project description > here). We monitor invasives wherever we are, and extensively do so at all our study sites: Fresh Pond, Somerville, Middlesex Fells, Horn Pond. You'll also be able to learn with us if you want to join our field sessions.

Register to the EwA Virtual Skillshare event (07012/22 at noon) to learn about the project details > hereYou'll learn how to identify the species, how to take good photos, record good observations, and how to annotate your records to help document the phenology and invasive behavior of those species.

Nature Conservation as a Way Of Life

www.earthwiseaware.org | EwA Newsletter Signup »

🧡 Become an EwA #ScienceForAll Ambassador » Donate