Recap: This Week Biodiversity Walk & Monitoring Activities

Claire O'Neill

Nov 22, 2019, 3:16:13 PM11/22/19
to Earthwise Aware Discussion Group

2 events happened this past week: our monthly forest exploration, and our weekly plant and wildlife monitoring - both in the Fells. Here are a few highlights.

Our favorite observations this time > a fruiting pipsissewa in the Fells (here the pic on the right)

In brief...

1) We did run a Biodiversity hike in the Fells this past Saturday. We saw so much! Thanks to all of you, and to Joe and Bill who co-led the hike with Laura and Claire. All shared their knowledge and passion for the forest, and that's what makes our walks special: they are inclusive and all to share at a deep level our love and curiosity of the Natural world.

📸 Here are a few pics and highlights > https://www.earthwiseaware.org/forest-explorations-november-in-the-fells/

📆 Hope to see you at the next one in December! > https://ewa-fall2019-forest-explorations.eventbrite.com

2) Our phenology sites are officially dormant! 💤  We finished with our Long Pond sites this past Wednesday. Check our session log > 11/20/19 session log

This means that we are switching to exploration and scouting mode until Spring. This is what we did with our group this Wednesday, and that was a lot of fun! Thanks to all who joined us!

I'll be in the field next Wednesday for a scouting session, then I am taking a few weeks' break to finish our EwA annual (science) report. We will schedule our next public monitoring events very soon: stay tuned!

ℹ️ More About EwA Citizen Science Program » here

Any question❓ Don't be shy. Just email me or reply to this thread.

Thanks and Have a Great Weekend!, - Claire