📜 EwA Week Recap: Bug are Out (And we're Counting), EwA Monthly Livestream, Fells' Nature Documentation Walk & More...

Claire O'Neill

May 16, 2021, 3:10:40 PM5/16/21
to Earthwise Aware Discussion Group

Here's the recap of another busy week at EwA and a few highlights of what's coming...

📸  There are so many wonderful records this week again. The bugs are getting out! Here is one favorite: a weevil spotted by Dan in Acton.

EwA's insect and spider surveys have started at all locations. We also completed the setup of the Horn Pond sites. You're welcome to come and help!

📊 Thanks to all for incredible biodiversity records this week (including our CNC records)! - 531 observations total over 287 species! Curious about the records that have been validated by the iNat community so far? > here.

Running tally: To date, we recorded 66,553 observations of 6,169 distinct species! Check our EwA umbrella project and see the details per site/observer & more... > here

📅 EwA Coming Events

Virtual Events » EwA Monthly Livestream (May, 18th - 6pm) » You're welcome to join and learn about our organization, our projects and collaborations. Email me if you wish to join.

Field Events » Space is limited for all our field events for health reasons and-as importantly–to avoid putting pressure on natural habitats. We are asking our audience to follow a Register-and-commit (or cancel when you know you can't come). [ Events details & registration ]

  • Monthly Fells' Nature Documentation Walk this coming Saturday morning (May, 22nd | 🎟️ > here)! They are great opportunities to learn about our local fauna, flora, and seasonal cycles while recording critical data to help science and our communities protect our urban natural habitats.

EwA Fieldwork (& Resources)

We are monitoring weekly at all sites now (including scouting Horn Pond to set phenology and entomology survey sites). Our biodiversity and habitat documentation fieldwork is also as healthy as ever thanks to our group of core citizen scientists who simply rock!

🗺️  EwA Sites Map | Site Protocols and Guides - Field Rosters - Field Notes > All here! | ℹ️  More About EwA Citizen Science Program » here

To all of you: Stay healthy!

Any questions❓ Don't be shy. Just email me or reply to this thread.
Thanks and have a great week! - Claire

🧡 Make an impact - Help our #ScienceForAll program.

Become an EwA Ambassador today! » https://www.earthwiseaware.org/donate/

Photo: Possibly a true weevil | iNaturalist record © Daniel Onea

Nature Conservation as a Way Of Life

www.earthwiseaware.org | EwA Newsletter Signup »

🧡 Become an EwA #ScienceForAll Ambassador » Donate