Announcing the 2024 Geo for Good Mini Summits in São Paulo and Dublin

Google Earth Outreach

May 14, 2024, 5:41:37 PMMay 14
to Google Earth Outreach Announcements
Hello everyone,

We are excited to share that the Geo for Good Summit is on the move in 2024! We’ll be holding two Mini Summits in South America and Europe this year, and plan on returning to our larger, flagship Geo for Good Summit format at the Google headquarters in California in Spring 2025.

What’s a Geo for Good Mini Summit? The Mini Summit is intended for nonprofit, academic, public sector, private sector, and Indigenous peoples and local communities who are using Google Earth Engine and other geospatial tools for planetary sustainability and human resilience. For those who have attended a Geo for Good Summit in the past, a mini summit is a scaled-down version of our flagship Geo for Good Summit, with a smaller group of attendees and the opportunity to go deeper into a particular focus area. By attending the Summit, you’ll have the opportunity to learn and share about the latest science and technical advances, deep dive into Google’s supporting geospatial solutions, and hack together.

Application Process: Because space is limited at the event venues, interested candidates will need to apply (and be accepted) to attend. Applicants must demonstrate how their work leads to planetary sustainability and human resilience around the world.
Cost: Free. Participants are expected to cover their own travel expenses.

Important dates:
  • May 14: Application opens
  • June 7: Application deadline
  • June 28: Applicants will receive email notification of their application decision.

Geo for Good Mini Summit São Paulo

Geo for Good Mini Summit Dublin
We hope you will join us! If you have any questions, please reach out to geoforg...@google.com.

Regards,
Raleigh Seamster, on behalf of the Google Earth Outreach team