OER Textbook on Technology and Families

Jennifer Paris

Nov 16, 2022, 8:25:01 PM11/16/22
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration
I am not sure what class to add this to, so I figured I would start a new thread as it may be used across different courses.

Critical Perspectives on Technology and the Family
Author: Susan K. Walker

Book Description: As Information and Communications Technology (ICT) evolve families and the professionals who work with them are best armed with tools that enable their intentional use. This comprehensive text offers a balanced perspective of family life, member development and relationships, and professional use through contemporary research, learning activities and more.

License:
Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial

Table of Contents:
Chapter 1: Ten Truths about Technology
Chapter 2: Ways of Understanding Families and Technology
Chapter 3: Differences Within and Across Familes' Technology Use
Chapter 4: Technology Use and Couple Relationships
Chapter 5: Technology Use and Impacts in Children, Youth and Young Adults
Chapter 6: Technology Use by Parents
Chapter 7: Technology’s Influence on Parent-Child Relationships
Chapter 8: Technology Use for Family Communication and Connectivity
Chapter 9: What Boundaries? Technology's Role in Work and Family Balance
Chapter 10: Technology Use in Family Health and Money Management
Chapter 11: Technology Integration in the Practice of Family Professionals
Chapter 12: Shifting the Culture: Policy, Practice and Research toward Healthy Family Technology Use
Readings and Resources to Complement this Book
50 Classroom Assessment Techniques (CATS) by Angelo and Cross

Nadiyah Taylor

Nov 18, 2022, 7:55:46 PM11/18/22
to Jennifer Paris, Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration
Hi Jennifer,

In Child, Family, and Community I do a unit on the media - primarily to talk about socialization and all of the stereotypes children are exposed to. In Principles and Practices, use of age-appropriate technology is covered briefly. Can I find this new resource in LibreTexts?

Thank you and be well,
Nadiyah (Las Positas College)

“The paradox of education is precisely this - that as one begins to become conscious one begins to examine the society in which he is being educated. ”

― James Baldwin

Jennifer Paris

Mar 27, 2023, 1:42:28 AM3/27/23
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration
I didn't realize the link didn't copy: https://open.umn.edu/opentextbooks/textbooks/1284

Sorry!