Exceptional Learners

Jennifer Paris

Apr 8, 2017, 4:52:06 AM4/8/17
to Early Childhood Education OER Collaboration
Please share your resources related to an Exceptional Learners/Child with Special Needs course here. See the attached document to see what content must be addressed in courses in California Community Colleges that are CAP aligned.
Outline Introduction to Children w Special Needs 7 25 13.pdf

Irma Gonzalez Cuadros

Dec 4, 2018, 1:34:06 PM12/4/18
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration

On Saturday, April 8, 2017 at 1:52:06 AM UTC-7, Jennifer Paris wrote:
Please share your resources related to an Exceptional Learners/Child with Special Needs course here. See the attached document to see what content must be addressed in courses in California Community Colleges that are CAP aligned.

Hello,
I just created a course on Special Needs in ECE. It's uploaded in the Canvas Community. I hope this is helpful to others.

Here is the ink:

Christina Martin

Dec 5, 2018, 2:13:13 PM12/5/18
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration
Hello,
I would appreciate any guidance for using OER's in ECHD 250 Children with Special Needs.  When I click the link below, I am directed to a portal that requires a log in.. is there another way to access the course/materials?

Suzanne Wakim

Dec 5, 2018, 2:50:30 PM12/5/18
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration
I wanted to share another version of Irma's link in case the first one doesn't work:

Christina Martin

Dec 5, 2018, 3:48:32 PM12/5/18
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration
Thank you!  I was able to access the course!
Much appreciated. I will be sure to add to this group in the coming weeks.

Jennifer Paris

Jan 16, 2019, 3:35:32 PM1/16/19
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration

Jennifer Paris

Jan 16, 2019, 3:36:27 PM1/16/19
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration

Laura Paciorek

Mar 12, 2019, 2:06:28 PM3/12/19
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration
Hi! I use Inclusion Works! but it's getting pretty outdated (2009)! Does anyone know of a similar text out there that is more up-to-date? I have a large collection of ZTC materials I can use, but I like Inclusion Works! (just not that it is from 2009). Thank you!

Jennifer Paris

May 8, 2019, 7:35:01 PM5/8/19
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration
SCRIPT NC has given permission for their resources to be used for non commercial purposes. But most of their content is linked to a outside resources that are copyrighted (that could be used for a ZTC, but not for OER). Here is their landing page for Children with Exceptionalities: https://scriptnc.fpg.unc.edu/node/700

Jennifer Paris

May 20, 2019, 7:57:41 PM5/20/19
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration
Copyrighted resources (although funded my federal government, so they may be open to "sharing") on Positive Behavioral Intervention and Supports: https://www.pbis.org/

Jennifer Paris

May 20, 2019, 8:09:57 PM5/20/19
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration
U.S. Department of Education's School Climate and Discipline page (may have public domain resources, but many are linked out): https://www2.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/school-discipline/index.html

Jennifer Paris

May 20, 2019, 8:11:06 PM5/20/19
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration
U.S. Department of Education's Fact Sheet: Equity in IDEA: https://www.ed.gov/news/press-releases/fact-sheet-equity-idea (public domain)

Jennifer Paris

May 20, 2019, 8:24:23 PM5/20/19
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration
CONNECT: The Center to Mobilize Early Childhood Knowledge offers a free module on Foundations of Inclusion (I have not accessed the course) https://www.connectmodules.dec-sped.org/ (NOT openly licensed)

lhu...@harford.edu

Feb 2, 2020, 3:43:51 PM2/2/20
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration
Four interactive modules titled "Universal Design for Learning in a Developmentally Appropriate Classroom" are located at https://most.oercommons.org/courseware/module/81

Jennifer Paris

May 28, 2020, 7:03:25 PM5/28/20
to early-childhood-educa...@googlegroups.com
**this probably doesn't belong in this course necessarily, but I don't want to delete the thread**

The Division for Early Childhood of the Council for Exceptional Children Recommended Practices - All Rights Reserved. Licensed for free access and use, to be studied, copied, and distributed, but not modified from its original version. Permission to copy not required.

amandata...@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2021, 11:36:31 AM3/9/21
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration
It’s All About Belonging | California MAP to Inclusion & Belonging (cainclusion.org)
Although not openly licensed these are free resources that might be useful as supplemental information.

Jennifer Paris

Aug 4, 2021, 7:45:35 PM8/4/21
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration
Special Education (Libguide-based textbook from Hostos College)

Children with Special Learning Needs (Canvas shell from MiraCosta)

Jennifer Paris

Sep 15, 2021, 10:22:33 PM9/15/21
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration

Jennifer Paris

Dec 2, 2021, 3:17:18 PM12/2/21
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration
[this is copied from another thread originally posted by Laura Paciorek]

Here is the link to the second edition of Inclusion Works!

Inclusion Works! Second Edition (copyrighted, but free to use and if you are willing to request permission, they would likely give you permission to use to create OER)

There are a number of resources (e.g., videos) that go with this book, too. Read through this newsletter for more information:

Jennifer Paris

Apr 22, 2023, 2:49:07 AM4/22/23
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration
I quickly put the documents from Special Education compiled by Sherese Mitchell and Jacqueline M. DiSanto (CC BY-NC-SA)
into one document “Introduction to Special Education” (CC BY-NC-SA) - I included all the documents in an editable format (Word documents) to allow anyone to edit them.

amandata...@gmail.com

Dec 13, 2023, 4:22:43 PM12/13/23
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration
The Roles and Responsibilities of the Special Educator
CC BY-SA

amandata...@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2024, 11:28:13 PMMar 5
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration

amandata...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2024, 2:13:19 PMApr 10
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration
ECE: Diverse and Inclusive Practices in Nova Scotia Copyright © 2022 by NSCC is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.