Practicum/Field Experience

Jennifer Paris

Apr 8, 2017, 4:47:09 AM4/8/17
to Early Childhood Education OER Collaboration
Please share your resources related to a practicum or field experience (usually structured as the capstone) course here. See the attached document to see what content must be addressed in courses in California Community Colleges that are CAP aligned.
PracticumOutlines9-11-15.pdf

Jennifer Paris

Mar 22, 2018, 3:02:11 AM3/22/18
to Early Childhood Education OER Collaboration
Here is the Google Doc from the ECE OER Summit. This is currently still a working document. Resources listed have not been vetted (for licensing).

amanda taintor

Jun 6, 2018, 1:07:40 AM6/6/18
to Early Childhood Education OER Collaboration
Here is the google sheet link to sign up to write
Message has been deleted

Richell Swallow

Jun 6, 2018, 4:39:30 PM6/6/18
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration
Hi
Is it possibile to see if this document or portions of it can be used?

Ric

Jennifer Paris

Jun 6, 2018, 4:47:43 PM6/6/18
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration
I have asked that this be requested. I will let you know how they respond.

Richell Swallow

Jun 6, 2018, 4:49:32 PM6/6/18
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration

Richell Swallow

Jun 7, 2018, 11:44:34 AM6/7/18
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration
Hello-
Are documents from  Early Childhood Research & Practice allowable? There are a lot of articles and research on here for ECE?
Ric

Jennifer Paris

Jun 7, 2018, 5:26:12 PM6/7/18
to early-childhood-educa...@googlegroups.com
We got a great response on this one:

"Portions of the publication, Issues in Early Childhood Education: Curriculum, Teacher Education, & Dissemination of Information, can be used with no further permissions, as long as proper credit is given to the Early Childhood and Parenting Collaborative.

Thank you for sharing the Lilian Katz legacy with students!"

Richell Swallow

Jun 8, 2018, 12:23:00 PM6/8/18
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration
Hi
This response is to which one of the requests?

Richell Swallow

Jun 8, 2018, 1:59:30 PM6/8/18
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration
Hello All-
Is there anyone who is working on materials for practicum? I am trying to source materials.
Ric

Jennifer Paris

Jun 8, 2018, 2:02:48 PM6/8/18
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration
Hi, Ric.

That's the one course that we are not creating a lot of content for. I am hoping to pull together some information from our practicum instructors to create more of a handbook. I haven't yet received anything, but when I do I will try to reach out to you.

Jennifer

Jennifer Paris

Jun 9, 2018, 2:21:23 AM6/9/18
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration
The Lilian Katz Symposium one

Jennifer Paris

May 8, 2019, 7:49:22 PM5/8/19
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration
SCRIPT NC has given permission for their resources to be used for non commercial purposes. But most of their content is linked to a outside resources that are copyrighted (that could be used for a ZTC, but not for OER). Here is their landing page for Early Childhood Capstone Practica: https://scriptnc.fpg.unc.edu/node/750

amanda taintor

Aug 23, 2019, 5:18:57 PM8/23/19
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration
Video Repository - Free to use for educational purposes

Jennifer Paris

Mar 15, 2020, 2:16:43 AM3/15/20
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration
Hostos Community College shared this with to post:

EDU 113 Field Experience in Early Childhood Education:

http://guides.hostos.cuny.edu/edu113

Jennifer Paris

Apr 8, 2020, 3:51:24 PM4/8/20
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration
Here is the first version of an OER workbook from College of the Canyons. Hopefully over the summer we can add some additional content and change the color scheme.
Practicum - Field Experience Workbook.docx

Jennifer Paris

Jul 22, 2020, 2:20:20 AM7/22/20
to early-childhood-educa...@googlegroups.com
The ELC: An Early Childhood Learning Community at Work is a CC BY-NC licensed.

Table of Contents:

Part I: Setting up the Early Learning Community (ELC)
1. Building Blocks for the ELC
Part II: Case Studies
2. Improving Children’s Socio-Dramatic Play
3. Developing a Science Area
4. Improving Opportunities for Physical Play
5. Improving Play at the Sensory Table
6. Boys’ Capacity to Express Emotions
7. Improving Differentiation during Morning Meetings
Part III: Reflections
8. Participants’ Responses to the ELC
9. Conclusion
Appendix A: Educators’ Questionnaire
Appendix B: Teacher Candidates’ Questionnaire

Jennifer Paris

Aug 12, 2020, 7:02:31 PM8/12/20
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration

A partially formatted version of the Practicum Workbook (Version 2) can be found in this Google Drive folder. Please note: it is not fully accessible yet and may have other minor formatting issues; and it was not created specifically for COVID-19 era fieldwork experiences. Once fully formatted, the final version 2.0 will be published in the same folder.

The attribution for the handbook (you would use this if you want to make your own “version”) is: "Practicum – Field Experience in Early Childhood Education Workbook (Version 2)" by Sharon Eyrich, Wendy Ruiz & Cindy StephensCollege of the Canyons is licensed under CC BY 4.0

Jennifer Paris

Aug 4, 2021, 8:08:48 PM8/4/21
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration

If you are looking for COC's handbook as either Word document or PDF and other “document-based” resources that may be available: Practicum workbook Google Drive folder

Resource shells in Canvas Commons (link may not work if you are not logged into Canvas – you can search for Jennifer Paris to find it): Practicum OER Resources Canvas shell

Access quizzes created for the course (not related directly to handbook): Enroll in the assessment Canvas shell (using your academic email address) at https://canvas.instructure.com/enroll/EDGBJY. If you don’t yet have a Free for Teachers account, please select new user when enrolling. Once you are enrolled, your role will need to be changed to Teacher to allow you to export the quizzes. Then you can import them into your own course/s. Be sure to use the Select Content option when importing, so you only bring in the quizzes you want. Once you have enrolled, please bookmark this link to directly access the course (if you re-enroll, your role will go back to student) https://canvas.instructure.com/courses/2591542

amandata...@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2024, 11:58:11 PMMar 5
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration
ECE Nature and Outdoor Play
CC BY-NC (Attribution NonCommercial) 10 H5P Activities English (Canada)
Author(s): Taylor Hansen, NSCC
Editor(s): Randi Cummings
Subject(s): Early childhood care and education, Outdoor schools / education, Play-based learning
Institution(s): Mount Saint Vincent University
Publisher: Nova Scotia Community College
Last updated: 15/12/2023

amandata...@gmail.com

Mar 14, 2024, 12:10:26 AMMar 14
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration

Early Field Early Childhood Education | OER Commons

This module is designed for pre-service teachers in the undergraduate PreK- 4 Early Childhood Education major. The material in the unit will familiarize the future teacher to develop lesson plans and units in both the direct and indirect teaching models. Wonder Spaces, using the Reggio-inspired philosophy, is introduced to design spaces for learners ages 0 - 5. Classroom management is also included.

amandata...@gmail.com

Mar 14, 2024, 8:25:23 AMMar 14
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration

amandata...@gmail.com

Mar 14, 2024, 8:54:08 AMMar 14
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration
INTRODUCTION TO CAREERS IN CHILD DEVELOPMENT
Subtitle:Exploring education and careers in Child development /Early childhood education

Author:Gloria San Jose Daims
Book Description:Academic and career exploration in the field of early childhood education and child development.

amandata...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2024, 2:10:59 PMApr 10
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration