Looking For...

Jennifer Paris

Apr 8, 2017, 4:55:26 AM4/8/17
to Early Childhood Education OER Collaboration
If you are seeking something specific for a course you are developing or teaching, please post here. Check in to see if you have any resources that your colleagues could use.

Mari Estrada

Apr 4, 2019, 1:40:59 PM4/4/19
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration
Looking for:  CGD Elementary Years

I have been using Mooney Theories of Childhood & Finnan Upper Elementary Years to cover upto age 12 -- would be great to find a resource for elementary years that covers both Domains of Development and Theory.

Jennifer Briffa

Sep 4, 2019, 4:39:46 PM9/4/19
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration
I need materials in Spanish for the 4 core courses: Child Development, Child family and community, principles and practices and curriculum!

Jennifer Paris

Sep 4, 2019, 5:02:07 PM9/4/19
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration

The California Department of Education is currently working on translating COC's Child Growth and Development textbook. I have no idea when that will happen/be done or how it will be made available though. Once we have our other textbooks done, I think their plan is to also translate those.

Another faculty member found this resource from Puerto Rico, Alcanza:  http://alcanza.uprrp.edu/ that has a lot of content in Spanish (and English).

Laura Paciorek

Oct 6, 2022, 1:21:49 PM10/6/22
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration
Hi, I am looking for open-access free materials/readings that aren't "textbook" in nature, but more stories or reflections from people in the field. I want it to read differently than a text. I am looking for books to go with almost any ECE topic, but specifically I am working on building my courses in Principles and Practices of ECE and Advanced Issues in Infant/Toddler Programs (curriculum, etc...). Perhaps books, blogs, podcasts, etc... made by teachers in the field about teaching ECE and teaching in infant/toddler programs. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Laura

amandata...@gmail.com

Nov 8, 2022, 10:58:11 PM11/8/22
to Early Childhood Education OER/ZTC Collaboration
Does your library have a subscription to Teaching Young Children? There can be some great stories and reflections in those at some times. This might be a great thing to curate and have a repository for. It wouldn't be difficult to spend an hour or two interviewing practitioners.