Talk Rich Teaching for EAL and for All

Stuart Scott

Jan 9, 2022, 7:27:28 AM1/9/22
to EAL-Bilingual
NALDIC has just written to members to raffle two free places on a conference they are running with Inside Government in early February. I was very pleased to see that Naomi Flynn is offering this keynote:
Afternoon Keynote: Talk-Rich Teaching for EAL and for All

In this session Dr Naomi Flynn will present:

  • Why does talk-rich teaching work for EAL? A practical overview of what research tells us can work for EAL learners and why talk is at the heart of this.
  • How can I make my teaching more talk-rich? Guidance on how to shape classroom activities that encourage more talk from pupils and less talk from teachers.
  • What does great EAL practice look like? Examples of great talk-rich teaching practice from schools at home and abroad.
Dr Naomi Flynn
Dr Naomi Flynn
Associate Professor of Education
University of Reading Institute of Education

This is exactly what we do at Collaborative Learning and have been doing for a very long time, so I hope we will be able to persuade Naomi to share the contents of her keynote more widely. You can find out more about the conference on this link:

If you are a NALDIC member do try for the free places.

Best wishes,

Stuart

Collaborative Learning Project. A teacher network sharing talk for learning resources.
17 Barford Street, London N1 0QB 44 207 226 8885