Marking First Lang. Mock exams (Polish and Bengali)

Ingram, Tanya

Sep 13, 2021, 11:58:37 AM9/13/21
to EAL-Bilingual

Hi everyone

Can anyone help a school in Norfolk with this? Please let me know

Hello,

I am looking for someone who could mark Polish and Bengali mock exams. We will be conducting them just before Christmas.

We can only pay someone who is registered as self-employed with a VAT number.

Please let me know if you know someone who would be interested in doing this.

Many thanks,

Kind regards

Tanya Ingram, EAL/BAME Team Manager

Children's Services – Inclusion and Opportunity

Currently working from home

Tel: 01603 303339 | Dept: 01603 303323 | Mobile: 07795301026 | Text Relay: 18001 0344 800 8020

Norfolk County Council   TwitterFacebookWeb

Campaign Logo

--

To see our email disclaimer click here http://www.norfolk.gov.uk/emaildisclaimer

Mark Smith

Sep 15, 2021, 3:00:27 AM9/15/21
to EAL-Bilingual
How are the other LAs working with the Afghan Resettlement Scheme?

In Wolverhampton, we have some families (pre Taliban) in schools in September and other families evacuated in the collapse arriving with us next week initially staying in a hotel but we are hoping to get them into schools asap

We are looking to potentially source some Pashto and Dari resources. Anything available?

Thanks

Mark

--
This group is managed by NALDIC, the UK's EAL Professional Association. Please visit our website for further information: www.naldic.org.uk. Twitter: @EAL_naldic. NALDIC's Privacy Policy | https://naldic.org.uk/privacy-policy

National Association for Language Development in the Curriculum
A Registered Charity and Company Limited by Guarantee in England and Wales. Charity No 1110570. Company No 05159760
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EAL-Bilingual" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/eal-bilingual/LNXP265MB09862407BF2615671DFBC953B4D99%40LNXP265MB0986.GBRP265.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM.

Lisa Reynolds

Sep 15, 2021, 3:20:27 AM9/15/21
to Mark Smith, EAL-Bilingual
Hi
 In Norwich we have resettled 4 Afghan families so far but are expecting another 6 families. Erica Field shared some excellent resources on this site a couple of weeks ago and I know Mantra Lingua are working on producing more Dari and Pashto resources.
As most young Afghans have not accessed school before 7 which I understand is the statutory school age in Afghanistan, bilingual resources have a more limited use for the younger children we now have. I am trying to encourage schools to use Language Line in order to maintain communication with parents and our team has provided a limited free to access service for this.
Like Mark, would love to know how other teams are doing
Lisa

Rehana Ahmed

Sep 15, 2021, 5:44:24 AM9/15/21
to Ingram, Tanya, EAL-Bilingual
Dear Tanya
We have Polish and Bengali staff who can mark mock exams.
Do get in touch if you need any more details.
Regards
Rehana
Rehana Ahmed
Managing Director HLS Ltd