Text to speech / dictation apps for Dari / Pashto

Claire Jones

Jan 18, 2023, 3:10:17 AM1/18/23
to EAL-Bilingual
Hi

Another question from me:

We have been lucky enough to secure some tablets for our proficiency A EAL learners, to support them accessing resources and sharing work.

We have got the Microsoft translate app installed, which can translate text for Dari/Pashto.

However, not all our learners are literate in L1, and I am wondering if anyone knows of an app/website or programme that can be used for a) dictation in these languages and/or b) text to speech read aloud.

I would be so grateful for any recommendations!

Many thanks

Claire