Funded PhD at Oxford - call for applications

hamishc...@mac.com

Jan 5, 2022, 6:00:36 AM1/5/22
to EAL-Bilingual
Dear Colleagues

I am delighted to announce a funded PhD in Education and EAL at the University of Oxford.

Prof Victoria Murphy and I, working in partnership with the fantastic team at Portsmouth EMAS, invite applications from excellent candidates for this ESRC-funded research degree exploring the role and effects of bilingual learning assistants working with EAL learners in Portsmouth schools.

Details of the project and information on how to apply can be found here: https://www.granduniondtp.ac.uk/the-role-and-effects-of-bilingual-learning-assistants

This is an excellent opportunity to engage in research that will further our understanding of the pedagogical implications of bilingualism in the UK school system, and have real-world impact on practice and policy.

The deadline for applications is 4 February 2022, for an October 2022 start.

Please feel free to circulate this message among your networks.

Best wishes

Hamish