Military registration/service for Ukrainian teenagers

Pawel Wojtas

Jun 6, 2024, 10:51:19 AMJun 6
to eal-bi...@googlegroups.com

Dear Colleagues,

Could you please post the query below. We thought that maybe other Colleagues may have some information, guidance or advice around this.

I am reaching out to seek your advice as our Team have already had some queries regarding compulsory military service for Ukrainian males. Some schools report that KS4 boys are discussing compulsory military registration and medical assessment at the age of 16 for which they will need to travel to Ukraine. There are further concerns around potential implications to do with what may happen at the age of 18 if they refuse to fight as allegedly they will be barred from leaving Ukraine.

This is what is understood from the conversations among students and so it may not be fully correct.

Is there any support, guidance or advice around this matter, please?

Thank you,

With best wishes,

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the persons addressed. If it has come to you in error please reply to advise us but you should not read it, copy it, show it to anyone else nor make any other use of its content. West Sussex County Council takes steps to ensure emails and attachments are virus-free but you should carry out your own checks before opening any attachment.