Reading for Pleasure - Parent Voice

ericarfield

Sep 1, 2022, 6:23:35 AM9/1/22
to EAL-Bilingual
Dear All,

I'm sure that most of you will already be aware of the fantastic Reading for Pleasure work being undertake by Professor Teresa Cremin and the Open University.  Reading For Pleasure - Reading for Pleasure (ourfp.org)

The Teachers as Readers study (The Open University and UK Literacy Association) and other OU studies have established effective ways to support children's Reading for Pleasure (RfP). Based on the research, their website aims to support a vibrant professional community of teachers, student teachers, librarians and English leaders in order to nurture lifelong readers.  The resources are great, free and research based.  One of the resources available is a parent questionnaire.

We received permission to get the parent questionnaire translated into other languages.  You can find the English version here

I think the OU will be adding the 18 other language versions to their website.  Until then, if you would like the parent questionnaire in another language please e-mail me and I will send it though (if it's on of the languages we've had done.)  I've attached a couple as examples.

I cannot recommend the OU RfP programme enough.  It really is fantastic and a great way for teachers to be involved in and publish their own research.

All the best

Erica
Parent_Reading_Survey - Spanish.docx
Parent_Reading_Survey - Ukrainian.docx