For Teachers and Educators Welcoming Ukrainian Kids in Their Classrooms!

Carolyn Morris

Jun 9, 2022, 2:43:44 PM6/9/22
to EAL-Bilingual
Greetings!

My name is Carolyn Morris Collier and I work for Books Unbound which creates culturally contextualised resources for refugee communities. We want to get our most recent mental health downloads and colouring sheets for Ukrainians into the hands of teachers who are welcoming them into the classroom. You can check out our downloads here to get a taste.

Many Ukrainians have shared it is very important to them during this time to remember and be proud of their culture, our resources aim to honour this. We are looking for several schools to partner with who will receive donated books and distribute them to Ukrainian children in their classrooms. These books would also be great for UK students to learn a few Ukrainian words and more about the culture of their new classmates!

I hope this is helpful for you. Please reach out if you're interested!

We also have materials for Afghans and Rohingya if that is relevant to you.

Carolyn Morris Collier