Ukrainian books

Mark Smith

Jul 15, 2022, 3:00:05 AM7/15/22
to EAL-Bilingual
Hi

Does anyone have a link to Ukrainian either first language or bilingual books?   I am doing some other work with the Ukrainian Ministry of Education and one message is that many of the families are very much planning to return to Ukraine and some are still accessing remote education in Ukraine (in addition to UK schools although it is summer holidays since June in Ukraine). But it makes access to Ukrainian first language books a priority for the families so we want to get a lot for Wolverhampton Educational Library Service

Thanks

Mark Smith
CLL Senior Advisor
City of Wolverhampton Council

Dominic Brassington

Jul 15, 2022, 4:08:56 AM7/15/22
to Mark Smith, EAL-Bilingual
Are you on Twitter Mark?

There is a lot about this on there.

If not the document prepared by Joanna Cerumega that I shared has this information in it.

Kind regards,

Dominic

--
This group is managed by NALDIC, the UK's EAL Professional Association. Please visit our website for further information: www.naldic.org.uk. Twitter: @EAL_naldic. NALDIC's Privacy Policy | https://naldic.org.uk/privacy-policy

National Association for Language Development in the Curriculum
A Registered Charity and Company Limited by Guarantee in England and Wales. Charity No 1110570. Company No 05159760
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EAL-Bilingual" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/eal-bilingual/495774728.2454542.1657868401580%40mail.yahoo.com.

Robene Dutta

Jul 15, 2022, 6:38:08 AM7/15/22
to Dominic Brassington, Mark Smith, EAL-Bilingual

Hello

Following is our list of bilingual books in Ukrainian and English:

  • Already available
    My bilingual talking picture dictionary
    Errol’s Garden

Quiet

Squirrel Monkey (part of IFeel series)

Giant Turnip
(pl visit uk.mantralingua.com for full details.)

  • Available from mid August
    Happy After All (IFeel Series)
    Mungo makes new friends
    Oleks and Olga Start School
    Key Phrases for School Chart
    The Dream graphic novel

  • Available from mid September
    Olga makes new friends (Olga Series)
    Olga at the Zoo
    Olga’s Special Day
    Biscuit Moon (IFeel Series)

  • Available from mid November
    When Babusya When (IFeel Series)
    Hniv, the Red Striped Zebra (IFeel Series)

    Books are for the Reception, Infants and Primary Age range. They also have text spoken in both English and Ukrainian using our PENpals.

  • We are currently developing for September this year ebooks of many titles above in English and Ukrainian where the Ukrainian Collection will be available free on our Kitabu Dual Language ebook library. (of course, schools who have ordered the whole library will have these and other ebooks in Pashto and Dari added to their library free as usual)

  • Finally, just a suggestion. If you have any of your favourite books which you want to sound enable in Ukrainian, then consider the PENpal with voice labelling stickers

    Kind Regards

Robene