Participation in study on academic motivations of adolescents with a refugee background

Amanda Millican

May 27, 2023, 3:16:57 AM5/27/23
to EAL-Bilingual
Hi all,

A colleague who is an educational mentor with me for Refugee Education Uk is currently doing some research for her MSc and is looking for some help. If you have some time and feel you could contribute, please contact her directly via the link in the email below.

Thanks
Amanda

Hello,

I would appreciate your participation in a study on academic motivation in adolescents with a refugee background which I’m conducting for my MSc Psychology course with Birmingham City University. The title of the study is ‘Experiences and perceptions of academic motivation in adolescents with a refugee background: a reflexive thematic analysis’.

I am interviewing refugee students and key informants, such as yourself, who are supporting the education of adolescents with a refugee background. The aim of the research is to gain insights into the factors promote and challenge young people's motivation to study.

I will interview participants one-to-one via MS Teams for about 30-60 minutes. The interview will be voice-recorded so that I can represent your responses faithfully in the dissertation report - but the voice-recording will be deleted after it has been transcribed. I will only use pseudonyms in my dissertation so your contribution will be anonymous.

If you are able to participate and can be available for an interview during June, please email or call me. Please also call if you would like more information before deciding.

daksha....@mail.bcu.ac.uk

07960220101

I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Daksha