Secondary schools with outstanding EAL provision

Sofia Iraklidou

Jun 28, 2024, 8:15:53 AM (5 days ago) Jun 28
to eal-bi...@googlegroups.com
Good afternoon all,

Would you know of any secondary schools with outstanding EAL provision in London or other parts of the country?

Any suggestions are welcome!

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,
Sofia Irakleidou
EAL Teacher
Greig City Academy

Stuart Scott

Jun 28, 2024, 10:46:23 AM (5 days ago) Jun 28
to Sofia Iraklidou, eal-bi...@googlegroups.com
I would recommend going to the Ofsted site and looking at secondary school reports in a five mile radius. Check which ones have had an inspection recently. If you browse the Outstanding and Good reports you may find references to work with/by EAL pupils. I was curious since this is an area that I know well and have visited most of the schools but none recently. I spent ten minutes browsing just now and found at least two schools that I felt could offer Grieg some useful pointers for improving their EAL practice.
Best wishes,
Stuart
Collaborative Learning Project. A teacher network sharing talk for learning resources.
17 Barford Street, London N1 0QB 44 207 226 8885

--
This group is managed by NALDIC, the UK's EAL Professional Association. Please visit our website for further information: www.naldic.org.uk. Twitter: @EAL_naldic. NALDIC's Privacy Policy | https://naldic.org.uk/privacy-policy

National Association for Language Development in the Curriculum
A Registered Charity and Company Limited by Guarantee in England and Wales. Charity No 1110570. Company No 05159760
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EAL-Bilingual" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/eal-bilingual/CANcDQ0046k3WiGb%2BoKQp4QCxWLP%3DkcT81wSKdENxNQPMot%2By2A%40mail.gmail.com.

Ann Horton

Jun 28, 2024, 11:04:46 AM (5 days ago) Jun 28
to Sofia Iraklidou, Stuart Scott, eal-bi...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately not all OFSTED inspections even concern themselves with EAL provision at all, much less actually mention them in their report, so you are fortunate to have found some that did!

Stuart Scott

Jun 28, 2024, 11:46:08 AM (4 days ago) Jun 28
to Ann Horton, Sofia Iraklidou, eal-bi...@googlegroups.com
Ann is right, but in your area it would be difficult not to mention EAL given the demography and though some inspections manage not to, most do! If you are going to benefit from the efforts needed to find the right person, you need to find a school near enough to make regular contact in future so I thought from my reading of the reports I would investigate Parkview and St Thomas More to see what they are doing. I have to emphasise that I have not been in these schools for ten or more years and I only did a few minutes browsing. Other colleagues may know more.