Working with Gypsy, Roma and Traveller Pupils and their families in education

Thomas, Karen (EMAS)

Jun 6, 2022, 10:10:13 AM6/6/22
to EAL-Bilingual

Hello everyone,

Just a quick message to let you know that on Tuesday 14th June we are pleased to be hosting the Berkshire and Hampshire NALDIC Regional Interest Group's summer session on Zoom, from 3:30 - 4:45. Everyone is welcome - whether you are in Hampshire and Berkshire or anywhere else for that matter!

The session will be led by our guest speaker, Declan O’Driscoll, the Education Policy and Campaigns Officer of the national Gypsy, Roma and Traveller (GRT) organisation ‘The Traveller Movement’ https://travellermovement.org.uk/

Declan will be talking about various aspects of Gypsy, Roma and Traveller culture and GRT History Month – which I'm sure you all know takes place in June – with a focus on GRT in the curriculum outside of the ‘month’; some possible barriers between schools and GRT families and, importantly, what schools can do to proactively reach out to engage and support GRT pupils and their families. He’ll also be sharing how schools and LAs can work more closely with the Traveller Movement on some exciting new initiatives.
There will also be time for questions and an opportunity to share good practice.

Anyone is welcome to attend, so please do share widely with your colleagues and networks and ask them to fill out the following form: https://forms.gle/KGAqnseEWGMRh3z39  If you have not already filled out this form yourself, please do. The data we collect about you is protected under GDPR guidelines.

Register in advance for this meeting:
https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwtdOuprjMvHtPJZqZiKZstb4jNMWqJIzS4

Please do not just forward the Zoom invite to colleagues as they will receive an email to register once they have signed up to the mailing list.

We look forward to 'seeing' many of you on the 14th June for what promises to be a really interesting and informative session.

Kind regards

Karen Thomas

Portsmouth EMAS Manager and Berkshire Hampshire RIG Co-convenor

This email is for the intended recipient(s) only.

If you have received this email due to an error in addressing, transmission or for any other reason, please reply to it and let the author know. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy or print it.

This email may be monitored, read, recorded and/or kept by Portsmouth City Council. Email monitoring and blocking software may be used.

Thomas, Karen (EMAS)

Jun 13, 2022, 7:21:56 AM6/13/22
to EAL-Bilingual

It's not too late!

Just a quick message to remind you that tomorrow, Tuesday 14th June, we are hosting the Berkshire and Hampshire NALDIC Regional Interest Group's summer session on Zoom, from 3:30 - 4:45. Everyone is welcome - whether you are in Hampshire and Berkshire or anywhere else for that matter!

[...]

We look forward to 'seeing' many of you tomorrow for what promises to be a really interesting and informative session.

--
This group is managed by NALDIC, the UK's EAL Professional Association. Please visit our website for further information: www.naldic.org.uk. Twitter: @EAL_naldic. NALDIC's Privacy Policy | https://naldic.org.uk/privacy-policy

National Association for Language Development in the Curriculum
A Registered Charity and Company Limited by Guarantee in England and Wales. Charity No 1110570. Company No 05159760
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EAL-Bilingual" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/eal-bilingual/CWLP265MB0658F145B0A853206F65CFD7F8A29%40CWLP265MB0658.GBRP265.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM.