SATS and parents

ericarfield

Aug 22, 2022, 8:35:52 AM8/22/22
to EAL-Bilingual
Hello wonderful people,

Every year in Rochdale we run an event for INA, asylum and Roma families where we debunk SATs myths, talk about supporting your child through SATS and transition and explore the differences between primary and secondary schools.  (great input from a range of speakers including an amazing year 7 teacher and the head of EAL from one of our secondary schools) Feedback from parents is incredibly positive but we always have parents who cannot attend.

I'm planning on developing a one page guide for parents that provides a little info about SATS , some information about how to support your child and  a quick look at why parents and children shouldn't worry.

When we do this face to face we have a couple of hours, lots of brews/biscuits and a room full of interpreters.  Cramming this down into one page is going to be a mission.  So I have two favours to ask this fantastic community:
1/ Does this already exist? (I don't want to waste time and money)
2/ Given that it will only be one page long, what would you think is essential to include?

I'm going to consult with INA and asylum parents next month, so I will take all the ideas we have along for discussion.

If it doesn't already exist then we will produce a little something in a range of languages, which we will share.

All feedback is more than welcome!

Thanks,

Erica