Virtual Primary and Secondary EAL training course - starting in October 2021

Ingram, Tanya

Sep 16, 2021, 4:46:53 AM9/16/21
to EAL-Bilingual

Hi everyone,

We are very pleased to offer our EAL Primary and Secondary training courses again this year. These are open to all UK schools

EAL Primary Health Check starting on 20 October 2021.

English as an Additional Language (EAL) Primary Health Check | Norfolk Services for Schools

Excellence in EAL Provision course – Secondary starting on 19 October 2021.

Excellence in English as an Additional Language (EAL) Provision | Norfolk Services for Schools

These courses consist of three modules and are highly recommended to teachers, TAs, EAL Coordinators and SLT responsible for EAL and Inclusion. All aspects of EAL provision are covered including:

  • EAL definition, funding, policy and pedagogy
  • Admissions, Induction and Interpretation
  • Language assessment
  • EAL teaching strategies / interventions
  • EAL resources
  • EAL / SEN diagnosis
  • Creating an inclusive school environment
  • Equalities and EAL Awards
  • UASC / refugees
  • Parental support

Please see the attached flyers or go click on the links given above for full course details and booking information.

Contact lisa.r...@norfolk.gov.uk for Primary enquiries.

Contact tanya....@norfolk.gov.uk for Secondary enquiries.

Delegates have said:

"This course was extremely useful with many brilliant and useful ideas on how to help students improve their English." "I always come away from training sessions having learnt lots, encouraged and enthusiastic about new ideas about how best to support EAL students." "The EAL resources provided to us are amazing."

Kind regards

Tanya Ingram, EAL/BAME Manager

Children's Services – Inclusion and Opportunity

Currently working from home

Tel: 01603 303339 | Dept: 01603 303323 | Mobile: 07795301026 | Text Relay: 18001 0344 800 8020

Norfolk County Council   TwitterFacebookWeb

Campaign Logo

--

To see our email disclaimer click here http://www.norfolk.gov.uk/emaildisclaimer
EAL Secondary Network.pdf