Ukrainian Exams in Edinburgh clashing with GCSEs

Mrs B Sakazaki

May 8, 2024, 9:01:45 AMMay 8
to EAL-Bilingual
Hello some of our Year 11 EAL are studying for GCSEs whilst still doing Ukrainian studies.  Exam dates for their Ukrainian  studies were released today.  They  clash  on days with  GCSEs.  The Ukrainian  exam venue is Edinburgh. This is over 2 hours away from  us.  They can not  sit both at the same time nor miss one.
We are trying to  make contact with the organisation to see what can be done. Just  wondering if others have a similar  issue and have had any  dialogue with the  organisation to find a workable solution.  Best case would be our school being able to host the Ukrainian exams here.  Seems most are for  half a day -approx 4 hours.

Thanks
Bridget

Bridget Sakazaki

Lead Curriculum Support Assistant (CSA)- Sensory and Physical and English as an Additional Language (EAL)

The King Edward VI School, Morpeth,NE61 1DN

01670 515 415

b.sak...@kevi.cheviotlt.co.uk

Part of the Cheviot Learning Trust

This email is intended solely for the individual or individuals to whom it is addressed, and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this email is prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the email from any computer. All email communication may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with internal policy and relevant legislation. Please, consider your environmental responsibility. Before printing this email ask yourself: ‘Do I need a hard copy?’

Company Number: 7838203

Registered in England and Wales

VAT Registration Number: 123 4996 04

This email is intended solely for the individual or individuals to whom it is addressed, and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this email is prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the email from any computer. All email communication may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with internal policy and relevant legislation.

Please, consider your environmental responsibility. Before printing this e-mail ask yourself: "Do I need a hard copy?"

Marta Eys

May 8, 2024, 5:10:10 PMMay 8
to Mrs B Sakazaki, EAL-Bilingual
Hello,

I've got some Ukrainian students in my school. I'll find out whether there are any clashes for my students. I haven't heard as for yet as they have already started taking GCSEs and iGCSEs.