Research Opportunity - Teaching Primary Children Seeking Sanctuary

Ingram, Tanya

May 25, 2022, 5:30:51 AM5/25/22
to EAL-Bilingual

Hi everyone

The School of Sanctuary have been contacted about this research Primary teachers who are currently teaching, or have recently taught, refugee or asylum-seeking pupils in their classes.

Please take a look below. Thanks a lot

Subject: Research Opportunity - Teaching Primary Children Seeking Sanctuary

My name is Hannah Massih and I'm an MA student of Social Justice and Education at UCL's Institute of Education, and I am also a teaching assistant working in a school in south London. I am doing my research on teacher practices of care towards refugee and asylum-seeking children, in the context of government policy. I'm hoping to do some interviews with primary school teachers who are currently teaching, or have recently taught, refugee or asylum-seeking pupils in their classes. If that is you and you would be interested in chatting to me about it, I would love to hear from you! Participation in my research will involved one online interview, and I'm happy to answer any questions you have about it.

My email is hannah.m...@ucl.ac.uk, and you can also contact me by phone on 07866 412124 if you have any questions. If you are interested, please contact me before May 30th. My research project has been approved by UCL's Ethics Committee, and I will send more information, including consent forms, to those who are interested in being involved. Thank you, and hope to hear from you soon!

Megan Greenwood (she/her)

Schools of Sanctuary Coordinator

Sanctuary Ambassador Network & Sanctuary in Politics Course Coordinator

me...@uk.cityofsanctuary.org

Please note that I work flexibly & am sending this email at a time that works for me. I don’t expect that you will read, respond to, or action this email outside your working hours.

Help us to welcome Ukrainian refugees: chip in to our fundraiser to help us realise our vision of welcome.

Text COS to 70085 to donate £5. This costs £5 plus a standard rate message.

To unsubscribe from the SCHOOLSOFSANCTUARY list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/WA-JISC.exe?SUBED1=SCHOOLSOFSANCTUARY&A=1

--

To see our email disclaimer click here http://www.norfolk.gov.uk/emaildisclaimer