Bilingual schools Forum/ Fri, 3rd Feb, 13.00

Azbuka Foundation

Jan 19, 2023, 5:34:27 AM1/19/23
to EAL-Bilingual
Dear all,

Bilingual Education Alliance (BEA, www.beaschools.com) is organising a Forum for the leaders of bilingual schools operating in England.
There are just a few schools in England where curriculum is implemented in 2/3 languages.
This is the link to the Invitation for heads/governors/deputy heads of such schools or departments -

BEA is advocating for schools with bilingual curricula.
Parents and all other professionals interested in bilingual development and bilingual education can join our mailing list.

Many thanks
Maria

Azbuka Foundation

Jan 19, 2023, 7:31:02 AM1/19/23
to Stuart Scott, EAL-Bilingual
Latvia? Interesting. I know the situation in the Baltic states well - I am originally from Estonia and has been working in bilingual education in England for the past 30 years. BEA is trying to promote the (huge!) benefits of bilingual curricula schools for all children.
Bilingual education (schools with immersion curricula) is still  very very  heavy going in this country and few new schools have closed down or changed profile once again in the past few years. But, bilingual education model - beyond doubt - is one of the most effective educational model for many families and communities round the world and would be hugely beneficial for the country - on many levels.
I am personally (in re to your comment) is a strong believer in the not-profit philosophy in education and arts.

On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 at 11:08, Stuart Scott <stuart...@collaborativelearning.org> wrote:
Thank you Maria. The first forum on 3rd February looks interesting. Good to see that it is not monetized. We did a lot of work (with UN support in the noughties with bilingual education in Latvia and collaborative strategies worked well in their bilingual schools. Ditto Ireland with EU support. Are you exploring links with other countries?
Collaborative Learning Project. A teacher network sharing talk for learning resources.
17 Barford Street, London N1 0QB 44 207 226 8885

--
This group is managed by NALDIC, the UK's EAL Professional Association. Please visit our website for further information: www.naldic.org.uk. Twitter: @EAL_naldic. NALDIC's Privacy Policy | https://naldic.org.uk/privacy-policy

National Association for Language Development in the Curriculum
A Registered Charity and Company Limited by Guarantee in England and Wales. Charity No 1110570. Company No 05159760
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EAL-Bilingual" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/eal-bilingual/2cb4fed1-39b7-434f-94dd-061e9afacf32n%40googlegroups.com.

--

www.azbukafoundation.org
www.facebook.com/azbukafoundation

LIKE and SHARE Azbuka Foundation on a Facebook

Stuart Scott

Jan 19, 2023, 8:06:14 AM1/19/23
to Azbuka Foundation, EAL-Bilingual