Ukrainian Fund

S Fandi

Apr 22, 2024, 7:24:33 AMApr 22
to eal-bi...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Hope you are all well.
I would like to ask how you are spending the Ukrainian funding from the government in ways to support their learning?
I had some ideas but would like to see what other schools are doing with the money.

Kind regards
Shatha
Mrs. Fandi
EAL Coordinator
Brakenhale School

The Brakenhale School respects the work life balance of its staff. If this email has been sent out of normal working hours, there is no expectation for you to provide an immediate response.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you have received this email in error please reply to off...@brakenhale.co.uk to highlight the error and then remove this email from your system.

Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of The Brakenhale School.

You, the recipient, should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The Brakenhale School accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus or attachment transmitted by this email.

You should also be aware that all electronic mail from, to, or within The Brakenhale School may be the subject of a request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and related legislation, and therefore may be required to be disclosed to third parties.

This email will be read by employees of The Brakenhale School and all personal information will be dealt with in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. Please consider the environment: Reduce your printing

Dominic Brassington

May 2, 2024, 8:37:32 AMMay 2
to S Fandi, eal-bi...@googlegroups.com
Good afternoon,

I am not sure if anyone replied privately but here is the advice we have been given by the Refugee Council:

It has also been agreed that from this budget each provider is expected to support:

  • Full school uniform (for one or more academic years).
  • EAL support (one to one in school tutoring/after-school club membership/TA support).
  • Funding reserved for school clubs/trips etc.
  • Laptop/tablet/other digital device if required.
  • School account with Interpreting service for parents’ meetings/parents’ evenings etc (Clear voice/DA languages/Language line etc).
  • Free school meals
  • Text books/Dictionaries/EAL resources etc.
  • Miscellaneous costs (the family may ask the school for money to pay towards an after-school club/summer school/sports team etc. in which case the school can issue a cheque to the family if approved by school administration/staff).

--
This group is managed by NALDIC, the UK's EAL Professional Association. Please visit our website for further information: www.naldic.org.uk. Twitter: @EAL_naldic. NALDIC's Privacy Policy | https://naldic.org.uk/privacy-policy

National Association for Language Development in the Curriculum
A Registered Charity and Company Limited by Guarantee in England and Wales. Charity No 1110570. Company No 05159760
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EAL-Bilingual" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/eal-bilingual/CAD7i7apNSvQrwc124-sp-S68SBBvs0dqeyQen95SVeC%2B6iT5ow%40mail.gmail.com.

K Amani

May 2, 2024, 4:42:50 PMMay 2
to EAL-Bilingual
Thank you for sharing this info. with us, Dominic.

Best wishes,
KA

Aga Ciepiela

May 3, 2024, 12:06:07 AMMay 3
to K Amani, EAL-Bilingual
Hello,

Does anyone know how much is the Ukrainian fund per child which I assume is the case?

Thank you in advance.

Aga

Sent from my iPhone

Dominic Brassington

Aga Ciepiela

May 3, 2024, 11:22:34 AMMay 3
to Dominic Brassington, K Amani, EAL-Bilingual
Per student?
Does the money come to the school automatically or does it have to be claimed somehow?

Thank you
Aga

Sent from my iPhone

amanik...@gmail.com

May 3, 2024, 11:22:52 AMMay 3
to Aga Ciepiela, Dominic Brassington, EAL-Bilingual

When it was available (doesn’t look like it is anymore- see below), it was per student, pro-rata. The allocation was given to local authorities who were then expected to pass on the funding to schools, unless it was spent centrally. Your local authority Ukraine lead (most LAs have one) will likely know more. If you have trouble tracking them down, your regional ESOL coordinator will likely be able to signpost to the right team/person.

Source: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/funding-for-councils-homes-for-ukraine

Best wishes,

KA

image001.png