[eaccelerator] SHM module

Ilkka Huotari

May 8, 2010, 2:51:47 AM5/8/10
to eaccelerator
Hi,

Is it OK if I add the shm module to eAccelerator - meaning that I do
the work on my computer and submit the files/patches to someone in
charge (Bart probably), who can maybe take it further?

I would need the shm module, I've been using it heavily, and so far
I've used eA 0.9.5.3.

Thanks,
Ilkka

Ilkka Huotari

May 13, 2010, 5:49:51 AM5/13/10
to eaccelerator
I tried to add that cache.c and cache.h in there, but seems like a lot
of things have changed.

I don't suppose you (ea developers) would want to add the shared
memory module into the current ea?

Ilkka

Bart Vanbrabant

May 31, 2010, 2:28:54 PM5/31/10
to eaccelerator
Hi,

We are not going to integrate this again in the ea code. You can
implement the old functions in php if you want using the shm_*
function php itself. If someone writes a php implementation we would
gladly distribute it through the project.

gr,

Bart

Brandon Amaro

Jun 3, 2010, 3:54:52 PM6/3/10
to eaccel...@googlegroups.com
There is one problem with that idea. The shm_* functions aren't enabled
in PHP by default. I know they are enabled PHP packages from the Remi
RPM Repo but I don't know about from other places... In addition, just
my looking at the shm_* functions, I'm not sure all of the functions
could be implemented. For compability and easy of use reasons, I think
it might be best if the functions were put into a separate php
extension. That's just my opinion.

--
omega13a
Owner and Founder of UFT