Questions about caching of non-PHP files

Tim

Feb 17, 2010, 5:28:18 PM2/17/10
to eaccelerator
Hello,

I'm working on a client's machine which utilizes eaccelerator. I've
noticed that a number of non-PHP files are cached or otherwise linked
to in eaccelerator's temporary directory. For example, one file I see
that was created at one point had the path:
/tmp/eaccelerator/0/5/^/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3/i386-linux-
thread-multi/DBI/W32ODBC.pm

I was hoping someone could help me understand:

1. What is the purpose of this file? Is it a cached version of this
perl module, or is there some other purpose?

2. Under what conditions would these files be created? How is this
process driven by any application-specific behaviors?

3. How long would these files typically be kept around?

Thank you very much for any assistance you can provide.
tim

Bart Vanbrabant

Feb 18, 2010, 3:38:40 AM2/18/10
to eaccel...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 23:28, Tim <tim-g...@sentinelchicken.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm working on a client's machine which utilizes eaccelerator.  I've
> noticed that a number of non-PHP files are cached or otherwise linked
> to in eaccelerator's temporary directory.  For example, one file I see
> that was created at one point had the path:
>  /tmp/eaccelerator/0/5/^/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3/i386-linux-
> thread-multi/DBI/W32ODBC.pm
>
> I was hoping someone could help me understand:
>
> 1. What is the purpose of this file?  Is it a cached version of this
> perl module, or is there some other purpose?

eA could cache a perl file if you would assign .pm files to the php
handler in your webserver. It would treat it like a text file without
php code. But, the filename is not a name eA generates. So somebody
wrote it there.

> 2. Under what conditions would these files be created?  How is this
> process driven by any application-specific behaviors?

It's not from eA, someone else wrote it there.

> 3. How long would these files typically be kept around?

Until you delete it.

> Thank you very much for any assistance you can provide.
> tim

Bart

--
Bart Vanbrabant <ba...@vanbrabant.eu>