Yet another Colour Genie emulator...!

A Grosz

Mar 24, 2011, 4:13:53 PM3/24/11
to Eaca discussion
Hi All,

I have just stumbled upon this:
http://pmbits.de/40846.html

Well, it is not just "another" emulator. Jürgen Buchmüller himself has
resumed work on his EACA CG emulator a while back. Interesting that
this one has escaped our attention, especially that this had even
preceded the release of my emulator (mid 2009).

I'll make attempt to compile a binary for Windows, soon. It looks a
rather full featured and decent emulator.

Have a nice day.

Attila

terry stewart

Mar 25, 2011, 5:05:15 AM3/25/11
to eaca-di...@googlegroups.com
Cool! It would be great to get a binary!

Thanks for posting Atilla!

Terry

A Grosz

Mar 25, 2011, 5:01:17 PM3/25/11
to Eaca discussion
Hi List,

I have uploaded a Windows binary build for those inclined:

http://gaia.atilia.eu/download/wip/cgenie_jb.zip

(compilation was not a trivial task, the source is originally meant
for POSIX based systems)

The GUI is accessed with the right mouse button. It is still very much
WIP as you can see,
but I have peeked into the source and a rather complete functionality
IS actually there.

BTW, there is also a trs80 emulator in the same source tarball,
sharing most of the codebase with
the colour genie one.

best,
Attila

Reinhard Gansweith

Oct 14, 2018, 5:57:37 PM10/14/18
to eaca-di...@googlegroups.com, ner...@gmail.com
angesprochen wird. Es ist NICHT auf dem Controller, sondern ich mußte es damals dazu kaufen.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Many Greetings
Reinhard Gansweith

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 24. März 2011 um 22:13 Uhr
Von: "A Grosz" <ner...@gmail.com>
An: "Eaca discussion" <eaca-di...@googlegroups.com>
Betreff: Yet another Colour Genie emulator...!

Matt Houben

Feb 9, 2019, 5:01:07 PM2/9/19
to eaca-di...@googlegroups.com
I have no idea what you are referring to. All I know that the controller I have for my Colour Genie (the white one) can control up to 4 drives out of the box. Drives 0 and 1 fit into the standard white casing; for drive 2 and 3 you needed another case, but the 2776 disk controller can drive them directly.

Currently I have 2 360 KB DS/DD drives connected (recuperated from an old and broken IBM PC) and no extra hardware was required.

Best regards

Matt